Superfood Hot Chocolate
Winter is here, which means we are all facing cooler, wetter, or snowier weather. I know, I know...not everyone likes this chilly time of year, but you know what makes it so wonderful??? Cozy sweaters, warm fires, and the most delicious cup of hot chocolate. There's nothing like walking in from the cold to a warm and cozy cup of deliciousness!! While your typical hot chocolate MAY not be the healthiest option, it is just so hard to resist!
Don't worry though, we've made a few alterations to make your hot cocoa a little more health-friendly and a whole lot more delicious!!Almond butter for creaminess and healthy fats, and reishi powder for an adaptogenic boost! Not to mention the use of maple syrup in place of refined
or artificial sugars and a lack of so-called "natural flavors" found in nearly all hot chocolate mixes on the market. It turns out SO creamy and delicious and the flavor profile is far better than your average mix.
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- ¼ tsp Nature Restore Organic Reishi Powder
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Pinch of sea salt
- Place all ingredients, except almond butter, in a saucepan on the stove and gently warm, stirring often. Once hot chocolate is warmed, pour into a high-speed blender along with almond butter and blend on high for 30 seconds to get nice and frothy.
- Taste and add more maple syrup if necessary. Garnish with your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
Recipe inspiration from Organic Authority