Happy National Donut Day!
Naturally, we could not let this “holiday” pass by without having a little fun! In celebration, we have put together a strawberry glazed donut recipe for you to try at home. Our strawberry powder mixes perfectly to provide a natural food coloring with delicious flavor and works perfectly atop these four-ingredient almond donuts! (Dairy-free and Gluten-free)
Strawberry Glazed Donuts
For the glaze:
- 1 tsp Nature Restore Organic Strawberry powder (can use more for deeper color and flavor!)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tbsp nut milk of your choice (we used almond)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
Sift powdered sugar and strawberry powder into a small bowl to avoid clumping. Add the milk and vanilla and mix well until a glaze is formed.
For the donuts:
(recipe from Southern In-Law):
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 3 tbsp honey (or maple syrup/coconut nectar/agave)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
Prepare work area with a cooling rack on top of a baking dish to catch the excess glaze as it drips.
Take a cooled donut, and place top down into the glaze bowl. Swirl and carefully remove the donut and place on the cooling rack until the glaze has dried.
Repeat with all remaining donuts, and enjoy your masterpiece!!