· By Nature Restore
Strawberry Peppermint Patties
Are you ready for the most delicious take on peppermint patties ever? Well, look no further.
We partnered up with our wonderful friend @oliveandartisan to make something delicious with our Strawberry Powder and oh boy did she deliver! She used the @epicurious recipe for peppermint patties but added a few tablespoons of strawberry powder and some extra powdered sugar until she got the more firm texture she wanted.
"They’re wildly delicious! Have you tried strawberry and peppermint together? It’s a game changer."
- Beat 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar with corn syrup, water, peppermint extract, shortening, strawberry powder, and a pinch of salt using an electric mixer (with paddle attachment if using a stand mixer) at medium speed until just combined. Add more powdered sugar as needed if you want a firmer texture.
- Knead on a work surface dusted with remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar until smooth. Roll out between sheets of parchment paper on a large baking sheet into a 7- to 8-inch round (less than 1/4 inch thick).
- Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes. Remove top sheet of paper and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Replace top sheet, then flip over and repeat sprinkling on other side.
- Cut out as many rounds as possible with cutter, transferring to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Gather scraps, re-roll, freeze, and repeat.
- Freeze all cut rounds until firm, at least 10 minutes.
- Melt three fourths of chocolate in a metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water. Remove bowl from the pan and add remaining chocolate, stirring until smooth.
- Cool until thermometer registers 80°F when inserted at least 1/2 inch into chocolate
- Return water to a boil and remove from heat. Set the bowl with cooled chocolate over the pan and reheat, stirring, until thermometer registers 88 to 91°F.
- Remove bowl from pan.
- Balance 1 peppermint round on a fork and submerge in the melted chocolate, letting any excess drip off and scraping back of fork against rim of bowl if necessary, then return to the sheet (to add a swirl to the top tap with the flat side of a butter knife and lift up).
- Coat remaining rounds, rewarming chocolate to 88 to 91°F as necessary. Let patties stand until chocolate is set, about 1 hour.
- Makes about 4 dozen candies