Here's how to make this delicious meal that's certain to be a hit with everyone:
- 4Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1lb chicken breasts, diced
- 1 1/2C risotto (or Arborio) rice
- 1tsp Nature Restore Organic Turmeric Powder
- 1/2C dry white wine
- 4C chicken broth
- 1/4C parmesan cheese
- 1/2C baby greens (Spinach, Arugula, or Kale)
- Heat butter in a large dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onion, and cook till softened stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook another 5 minutes until pink is mostly gone. Reduce the heat and add the rice, stirring constantly until grains start to turn translucent.
- Stir in the organic turmeric and add the wine. You can adjust the amount of wine you use, as long as the total amount of liquid between the broth and wine stays the same. The important part of risotto is continuing to stir the entire time it’s cooking.
- Once the wine is absorbed, add a ladleful of broth. Continue to stir and add more liquid as the rice absorbs more until all of the broth is used. Patience is key for the best risotto! Once the risotto is cooked, stir in the parmesan cheese and the greens.