Ready or not, the holiday season is upon us. What comes first? That's right, THANKSGIVING! The foodie's favorite holiday where you get to experiment with new versions of the same dishes until you find your signature dish. So what will you be making this year?? Something healthy? Something fun? Something creative and colorful? How about all of the above!!
This turmeric cauliflower takes cauliflower to the next level with all of those delicious flavors and bright pops of yellow, red, and green. Just look at it! For such a simple and healthy dish it definitely makes a visual and flavorful impact!
The kids can join in mixing the spices together, learning how to open a pomegranate (just make sure they are wearing dark colors) or even tossing it all together! So what are we waiting for?? Let's get cookin'!!
- 2 small heads of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Nature Restore Organic Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- pomegranate arils
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and drizzle with avocado oil. Set aside.
- Wash and separate cauliflower into florets. If the florets are really big, slice in half. Place in a mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the oil, lemon juice, and spices. Drizzle over the prepared cauliflower and stir to coat the florets as well as you can. Spread out the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes until starting to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes, then transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with a few teaspoons of chopped parsley and a few tablespoons of pomegranate arils.
Recipe from World Market