What are you having for dinner Halloween night??
Get spooky points AND get some greens into those kids before the candy hits their system!
Who doesn't love a big bowl of delicious pasta smothered in sauce...even better...PESTO SAUCE!!!
Full of flavor nutrients from all those fresh herbs and greens!! You know what else is green, full of nutrients, and the BEST addition to your pesto sauce??? Nature Restore Spirulina!!! This was one of the best pestos I have made and honestly SO EASY!!! This recipe is raw/vegan so no pans were dirtied in the making if this sauce.
Although this would be perfect literally any day, what better plate to serve at your Halloween party than deep green spooky pasta!!!
Easy to make (check)
FULL of hidden veggies and nutrients (CHECK!!)
Either glam it up for a sophisticated Halloween soiree or swirl in a linguini pile topped with an eyeball cupcake topper spaghetti monster style for the kiddos! However you choose to make it, you can guarantee those plates will be clean at the end of the meal!
- 2 cups fresh basil moderately packed
- 1 cup fresh spinach moderately packed
- 1/2 cup almonds or pine nuts
- 2 large garlic cloves peeled and minced
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 tsp Nature Restore Spirulina powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth. You may need to stop the food processor once to scrape down the sides.
- Enjoy! Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator.
Recipe inspired by bunnysbite.com