Acai Superfood Protein Bars
Make our delicious Acai Superfood Protein Bars and fuel your day!
Protein helps to keep us full, fuels our muscles and provides energy. So our dietary intake of protein is essential to make sure we get through each day and all its demands. Breakfast, lunch and dinner aside, we can top up our protein levels by snacking clever, which will mean we’re less likely to reach for the sugary, salty, unhealthy snacks.
Ever on the lookout for a healthy, satisfying snack, that incorporates extra virtuousness in the form of superfoods, we created these Acai Superfood Protein Bars – and they really do taste as good as they look!
Packed with protein fueled healthy nuts and naturally sweetened with dates and honey they’re super simple to make. They can be made in batches for whenever that mid-morning or afternoon slump hits.
Acai berries are known as Brazil’s superfruit. With their dark purple skin and yellow flesh, once soaked to soften them, they produce a bright purple paste with a deliciously earthy taste that’s a cross between raw chocolate and blackberries. Acai berries are rich in immune-boosting antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
Their stunning color is certainly apparent in our Acai Berry Powder which we’ve used to add vibrancy and nutritional prowess to our protein bars.
Here’s how you can make them yourself!
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 1 cup dates (pitted)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1-3 tbsp almond milk
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp Nature Restore Acai Powder
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chia seed
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 cup cashews
- tsp vanilla
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper
- Place all base ingredients apart from almond milk into the food processor and blend until fine and crumbly (can do in batches if needed)
- If the mix is too dry and doesn’t stick when pushed down add small amounts of almond milk and mix until sticky
- Push base down into tin firmly and place in freezer while you prepare the top layer
- Place all topping ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth – will still be quite thick because of the frozen berries
- Pour onto the base and smooth down with a spatula
- Put any loose toppings on and push down into the mix (nuts, coconut, chocolate chips, etc.)
- Place in freezer to set for half an hour
- Remove from freezer, optional drizzle with peanut butter and return to freezer until cooled
- Slice into desired sizes! You can store a few slices in the fridge and some in the freezer as they are best thawed a little!
Recipe inspired by Pheebs Foods