Hello! My name is Gaby and I am the 18-year-old gal behind @yesletseat. I post mostly about veganism, including meal ideas and recipes. One of my favorite things since going vegan is finding inventive ways to create delicious meals.
This dish takes breakfast to a whole. new. level.
I thought banana ice cream was satisfying but little did I know, adding acai chia jam and a toasted oat topping would hit this one out of the park. It’s easy, fun and SO Instagram worthy.
This dish is broken down into three parts: acai chia jam, toasted oat topping, and “nice cream”. I'll go step-by-step to show you just how easy this parfait is. LET’S BEGIN!
Acai Chia Jam
It’s a good idea to make this first or even a couple of days before. It is perfect for meal prep and means that you need even less time to make it the morning of!
- 2 C chopped strawberries
- 2 Tbsp Nature Restore's Acai Powder
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Add strawberries into a blender/food processor. Blend for a couple seconds until the strawberries have liquified. If you like your jam smooth, blend until chunks are gone! If you like your jam a bit chunkier, don’t blend until completely smooth.
- Pour strawberry blend into a saucepan. Turn heat to medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Add lemon juice and maple syrup, then turn heat to medium-low and simmer for about 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Add chia seeds, then continue to simmer for 5-8 minutes. The jam will thicken as the chia seeds expand.
- Remove from heat and let the jam come to room temperature. Place jam in a mason jar with a lid. Store in the fridge for a few days.
Toasted Oat Topping
- 1/2 C old-fashioned oats
- Heat oats in a skillet over medium-high heat. WATCH closely so they don’t burn! Stir around until they start to smell yummy and get golden brown.
- Remove from heat and let them sit and get crunchy!!
Banana Ice Cream
- 3 frozen bananas
- Add frozen bananas to blender or food processor. Add water if necessary. Blend until a soft serve like consistency is achieved!
Now the exciting part - prepping your parfait! It's as creative or boring as you’d like!I decided to spread the jam along the side of the mason jars, add in the banana ice cream, then sprinkle on the toasted oat topping + some fresh blueberries. Grab your spoon and DIG IN.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe! Let me know on Instagram if you make it yourself :)