recipe by Erin Alderson
For those days when you need a healthy but full of flavor recipe in a hurry, these zucchini bowls are ready in about 20 minutes and are perfect served over quick cooking quinoa.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- ½ cup white beans, drained and rinsed if using canned
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Nature Restore's Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 2/3 to 1cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- parsley for serving
- almonds for serving
- 2 cups cooked quinoa for serving
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until fragrant and tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for a minute more. Add the zucchini and conitnue to cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, just to start the zucchini softening. Add in white beans, tomato paste, turmeric, chili powder, and almond milk. Stir until well combined. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and let cook until the sauce has thickened slightly, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, salt, and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Serve over quinoa with a sprinkle of parsley and almonds.