Hello! My name is Gaby and I am the 18-year-old gal behind @yesletseat. I post mostly about veganism, including meal ideas and recipes. one of my favorite things since going vegan is finding inventive ways to create delicious meals.
This dish takes breakfast to a whole. new. level.
I thought banana ice cream was satisfying but little did I know, adding acai chia jam and a toasted oat topping would hit this one out of the park. its easy, fun and SO Instagram worthy.
This dish is broken down into three parts: acai chia jam, toasted oat topping, and nice cream. I'll go step by step to show you just how easy this parfait is. LET’S BEGIN.
ACAI CHIA JAM
It’s a good idea to make this first or even a couple of days before. It is perfect for meal prep and means that you need even less time to make it the morning of!
2 cups chopped strawberries
2 tbsp Nature’s Restore Acai Powder
3 tbsp chia seeds
1-2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Add strawberries into a blender/food processor. blend for a couple seconds until the strawberries have liquified a bit. if you like your jam smooth, blend until chunks are gone! if you like your jam a bit chunkier, don’t blend until completely smooth.
- Pour strawberry blend into a saucepan. Turn heat to medium to high heat. bring to a boil. add lemon juice and maple syrup, then turn heat to medium-low and simmer for about 5 minutes with the lid on.
- add chia seeds, then continue to simmer for 5-8 minutes. The jam will thicken as the chia seeds expand.
- Remove from heat and let the jam come to room temperature. Place jam in a mason jar with a lid. store in the fridge for a few days!
TOASTED OAT TOPPING
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- Heat oats on a skillet over medium to high heat. WATCH closely so they don’t burn! stir around until they start to smell yummy and get golden brown.
- Remove from heat and let them sit and get crunchy!!
BANANA ICE CREAM
3 frozen bananas
- Add frozen bananas to blender or food processor. add water if necessary. Blend until a soft serve like consistency is achieved!
NOW, the exciting part - prepping your parfait! It's as creative or boring as you’d like!
I decided to spread the jam along the side of the mason jars, add in the banana ice cream, then sprinkle on the toasted oat topping + some fresh bluebs. Grab your spoon and DIG IN.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe! let me know on Instagram if you make it yourself :)